Please see information for members below
All disputes shall be referred to the Committee, and the decision of the Committee on all matters shall be final, in accordance with the powers granted to it under the Constitution.
- The hours of play shall be 8.00am – 10.30pm daily.
- A game is deemed to be a junior game only when all participants are juniors.
- Senior members have no priority over junior members until after 6.30 pm.
- Juniors may continue to use all three courts after 6.30pm, but must vacate Courts 1 and 2 (the upper courts) if senior members wish to play. Senior members have priority use of Courts 1 and 2 at all times after 6.30pm.
- One or more courts may be reserved on occasion for coaching, club nights, league matches, championship matches and team practice. Details will be posted in advance in the clubhouse window and/or in the calendar on the Club’s web page.
- Junior members have priority on Court 3 on weekday evenings subject to Rules 6 and 8.
- No game will last longer than 30 minutes (20 minutes for junior games) when other members are waiting to play. Singles may not be played when other members are waiting to play.
- A visitor may play with a club member on payment of a fee of £3 per day. The fee should be paid to a Committee member as soon as possible after the visit. (A list of Committee members will be posted in the clubhouse.) An individual may be a visitor at most six times during the year.
- Senior members may apply to the Committee for a clubhouse key.
- Floodlight tokens (costing £2 for a half hour token for one court) are available to senior members. For details, see the clubhouse noticeboards.
- On-court dress must consist of appropriate sportswear. Footwear should be tennis shoes or suitable training shoes which do not mark the court surface.
- Bicycles, scooters etc. may not be ridden in the Club grounds (and especially not on the courts).
- Dogs should be kept on a lead in the club grounds, and are not allowed in the clubhouse.
- Junior members may use the clubhouse only when a senior member is in attendance. It is the responsibility of parents / guardians to ensure the proper and safe use of clubhouse facilities by juniors.
- When leaving the clubhouse, senior members should
- leave it tidy.
- close all windows.
- switch off the electricity.
- lock the door.
- Food should not be taken onto the court and the chewing of gum is strictly forbidden on court. Any member found defacing or damaging Club property, or behaving in an unacceptable manner, either on or off court, will be severely reprimanded by the Committee, and may be expelled from the Club without refund of subscription.